Friday, July 11, 2008
The Art of Good Communication: Honesty
No doubt we all meet people throughout our lives that we have great conversation with. Conversations so engaging that we can't wait for the opportunity to talk to them again. People with whom we call immediately when our world goes sideways and those we can always count on to make us feel better, even if it's just to offer a listening ear. For me, these people are the ones who are the most transparent, the most honest in sharing who they really are. I don't have time, or the patience, for meaningless, surface conversation. I would rather talk to a stranger in the grocery store for an ounce of honesty, at the very least, than to maintain a conversation with someone who can't even delve deeper than the weather. It's just who I am. My parents are both communicators; so naturally, I seek out the same kind of people for which to spend my time with.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment