I’m so thankful that I was born with the ability to create. Although I have never acknowledged writing as my greatest creative strength, I will say with absolute sincerity that it has helped me overcome many difficult times throughout my life. I first began writing in journals at the age of 11 and I don’t think I ever stopped. In everything that I experienced and endured, writing was like a faithful friend that never walked away from me. The pages of my journals were like a confessional booth without cumbersome words of forgiveness and one hundred Hail Mary’s. Like rain pouring over a dirty street, washing it clean and making all things new again, I always felt better after I had acknowledged my thoughts, dreams and fears.
The same is still true for me today. No matter what I am going through in my life, I choose to walk through every door, feel every emotion and observe all that is around me. It is all mine. And all of these experiences and responses belong to my life and to me in this present moment.
No comments:
Post a Comment