Pages

Friday, February 6, 2009

FEAR=False Evidence Appearing Real

I hate fear. I wish I could just banish it from my life altogether. When we think about all of the wonderful and adventurous things that we'd do with ourselves if we weren't afraid, we'd have a mountain of goals and tasks to last us a lifetime. Afraid to move, afraid to be alone, afraid to take the risk, start a new business, quit a job, move to Paris, talk to someone we find attractive.

It's all ridiculous when we realize that fear is only an afterthought; residue from a moment in our past that we are still dragging with us. Or perhaps someone else's residue that was given to us based on their own experiences or insecurities. Fears are our disembodied inadequacies that we've somehow allowed to seep into our soul. Irrational FEAR is not something that even exists. And 95% of the time, the things we fear never even happen. Fear of failure. So what? You may or may not fail but at least you try. And if you don't fail, the rewards are so surmountable that the fear you once had is so insignificant to the overall picture.


I realize that I need to make changes. Serious changes. Not just talk about it, or write about it but DO it. I need to find my bliss and not worry with the residue of fears (old or new). I need to live as though fear is nonexistent; something which isn't a part of me that I observe from the outside. I think once we take the connection out of our ownership to a fear, we are separate from it and can rationalize on level that doesn't make us feel the need to succumb to it.

No comments: