“Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma. Don't let the noise of other's opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.”
Today I had a revelation: All of these years, I've spent chasing a dream that I expect to either make me rich, make me feel accomplished, make me feel fulfilled -has been nothing short of a dog chasing it's own tail. In the end, we arrive to what matters the most: Our relationships, our peace, our joy, the quiet evening of simplicity where there is no stress that follows us home like a trail of toilet paper from a bathroom stall. That has been my life for the last 5 years. Today I cut the invisible cord that has held me to all of the expectations that I thought were important to my being. I have realized in a short, though very stressful 8 months, that the important things in life are love, sharing, good wine and food, sunsets, a great movie that resonates with me, laughter, hugs, an evening in a park with Whataburger, a symphony under the stars. The essence of life and LIVING is not about acquiring a lot of money -only having enough to sustain and make this journey more fun. I am no longer interested in allowing a career to rule my life but rather, doing what I love to do, ONLY what I CAN do and being OK with that. I am who I am regardless of the balance of my bank account, regardless of what I'm doing for a living.
I love the person I have become in life. I love the adversity that I have overcome. I love where my life is headed and although I am not even sure where the next few months will take me, I am ready and open for just whatever. It feels nice to be ready for change.
No comments:
Post a Comment