It only took two days in LA for me to be inspired and get my creative energies moving. This city never ceases to amaze me. Even in it's slump, I am finding pearls. Today started off a little bit lazy. I headed to Wacko's first to acquire a new Shag sticker. Alas, they were just about out and the two styles they had left were a naked woman with two goat-men or a guy in a blue suit with a cigarette. I'm just sad that I won't be here on Sept. 11th as Shag signs the last 100 8-ball posters in Burbank.On to the next stop for home made fries and ketchup at Umami Burger. It wasn't what I had hoped for. The fries tasted strange and the homemade ketchup was entirely too sweet. I asked for Dijon mustard in an attempt to save my giant frites but it ended up being way too potent! Pretty much a loss there.
The Griffith Park Observatory was next. LA was even smoggier today than usual. The view was good but the funky haze lingered low. Up Beachwood Drive into old Hollywood (aka Hollywoodland). I stopped into an antiques shop. Typical little shop: dusty, dimly lit, a lot of obscure pieces and the biggest Roseville vase I had ever seen. The shop owner was pretty proud of it. I found a nice little purchase, however. A large Rose Quartz and sterling silver pendant ($15). Simply beautiful. Supposedly, it attracts love. The cafe that I wanted to stop into had already closed so I will have to try again tomorrow. It's an adorable little cafe with the most delicious looking pies and pastries. I'm around 110 lbs. right now but I will gain about 3 pounds before I leave this place, I know it!
In the evening, I was invited to go to The Comedy Store. It was a fairly small crowd but most of the comedians were funny and I needed the laughs. Wouldn't you know it, Marlon Wayans showed up as a surprise guest! He was pretty good. A far cry from his movie, "White Chicks".
Overall, Day 2 was good. I have decided to move forward with my Denim 101 book. Ideas are still forming on this and I'll need a few more days yet but it feels very promising!
No comments:
Post a Comment