Pages

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

One Step Closer.

“The victory of success is half won when one gains the habit of setting goals and achieving them. Even the most tedious chore will become endurable as you parade through each day convinced that every task, no matter how menial or boring, brings you closer to fulfilling your dreams.”
















My life is taking on a fun, new shape and I finally feel like I'm in a place that makes sense. I have just signed a new lease on my creative design space in Deep Ellum. One part excitement to two parts crazy, freaked out. But I know I'm doing the right thing, stepping my foot in the water and moving in the right direction. For the last year and a half, I have desperately needed a place where I can twist the lid off and let my creativity out. This place is MY space. My humble, 525 sq. ft space. I can write my name on it's wall if I want to. My space, with hardwood floors, once painted over in navy blue and two brand new windows to let the light drench the white walls. I imagine all of the hours I will spend here, creating, thinking, thriving.
I feel, in many ways, like a tree sprouting new branches; arms outstretched, aiming towards the sun.

1 comment:

queen said...

Awwww im so happy for you ...congrats...clearly im sitting here reading all of ur post...but i love them...keep up the good wrk!