Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow.
How often are we so concerned about the few things in life that we feel we lack, that we forget so many things that we DO have. Look at your wonderful friends, your home, your full pantry, your job. So perhaps you feel as though it isn't a great job, but it gives you money. So many people are out of work, some stand in lines for free bags of food. But they are probably so grateful for these bags of food. I was in their shoes once. When I was a child, my mother and I went through hard times a lot. I have experienced, many times, the feeling of being "without". But the truth is, when we have what we need, we are not without. What we are feeling is a socially conditioned, media and market-driven idea that we have to have more in order to matter. We always matter, though, regardless of our current financial or social state. We have to love ourselves unconditionally and always, always show gratitude for what we have. Appreciate the functionality of our 6 senses, of our hands and feet- truly!
Appreciate a sound mind, a warm home, electricity, running water, a car or a bike. Realize that you do have everything you need, and probably many things that you want..and be grateful. Smile, knowing that like the plants, birds and animals, the universe has taken care of you, too. :)
I wish everyone a new year filled with gratitude.
Happiness in 2011.
No comments:
Post a Comment