I've just found out that Josh Ritter is coming back to Dallas in February. I couldn't be more excited about this, especially since I thought I might have to shell out some major dough to see him in either DC or Philly in Feb. If you've never seen Josh Ritter or even heard of him, I encourage you to check out his music (especially if you are a fan of great folk sounds and excellent song writing). I was first introduced to their music in LA by a dear friend of mine who seems to have impeccable taste for music all around. At first, I was skeptical but Josh had me at "If this was the cold war we could keep each other warm..." I think it was the first time in my life I had been truly moved at a concert, not to mention a concert from a band I had never invested any real time listening to. He is by far in a league of his own. A best kept secret, a diamond in the rough. I am counting the days until accessibility to Josh and his band at such venues as the Granada Theater for $24 per ticket is obsolete.Josh Ritter, at the Granada Theater in Dallas. Feb 28th, 2011. What a great way to begin 2011.
1 comment:
Hi there,
you have a very cool looking blog, and I just wanted to leave you a comment. So anyway, I just wanted to see if you would visit my blog. And if you follow me, I will follow you... :)
Jesse
Post a Comment