Pages

Friday, March 13, 2009

We never stop growing up

It's been 8 months and 3 weeks since I moved back to Texas. And what a bizarre 8 months it has been! Loss, transformation, realization, patience, reflection, growth, some regret but mostly inquisition.

It is our innate nature as humans to be curious about ourselves and the world around us. Have you ever watched a child discover his world? He touches everything, asks hundreds of questions and puts random objects in his mouth. The curiosity never stops. Even in our adult lives, we are always seeking an answer, a truth, deeper meaning. I am beginning to appreciate the fascinating journey of my life again. I am now at a place where I am still; I am asking new questions and looking at life from eyes that don't assume they know everything. When we admit that we still need to ask questions, the answers come. I have learned to identify old fears passed down to me from my mother and grandmother and have let go just a little more. I don't know if this comes with age or through stages. Either way, I am thankful for the insight.

No comments: