
In many ways, I hate to be one of those persons that believes everything happens for a reason. It's like the analogy of the groundhog seeing it's shadow. Spring is here, spring isn't here, etc., etc. The groundhog sees whatever the hell the groundhog wants to see because the whole thing is a sham, anyway. But in life, it's a little more complicated than that. And I am really coming around to the idea that maybe there is something to the 'everything happens for a reason' belief. I think about the last year of my life and know for certain that I would have NEVER come back to Texas on my own accord. After a bit, I have settled into this place and my new life pretty well. I am OK with my career but even better, I have reconnected with my love for music and singing. I bought a guitar and I think I'm doing pretty well with it. My life goals have shifted and lean more towards what I naturally gravitate to. Where did all of this come from? Was it always there, laying dormant and waiting for the right moment to hatch?
In life are we continually searching, growing, learning and discovering-even when we aren't paying attention to our progress? It is important to stop and smell the roses. Look back, see your progress, observe what you've learned--but don't live in the background.
So here I am in Texas, and I'm really happy about that. I think only time will tell how everything will really work out. I am OK with not having it all figured out. I think that's what makes this journey so interesting. But in the meantime, I am happy to say that I am very happy and satisfied with everything.
No comments:
Post a Comment