Colorado is beautiful. I sometimes can't believe I live here. I met my family in Durango for the 4th of July weekend. It was very nice to get away, to drive somewhere. I loved the mountains, Mesa Verde, Durango's historic downtown. I just loved being with everyone again, even in all of their chaos. I realized on the way back to Denver that I am on what seems like two separate journeys. One of self and the other with matters of the heart and companionship. It's amazing what a long road trip can do for your soul.
My trip back to Denver began at 4 PM and made it's way well into the night. I didn't arrive home until 11 PM. The road was silent, no radio, no cell phone. Just me and Pickles. I had a lot of time to think. And in some ways, it was a deeper conversation with myself than I usually have. Many things were said and realized in all of that silence.
No comments:
Post a Comment